k-1 fiance CFO Pre-departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS)

k-1 fiance CFO Pre-departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS)

The commision on Filipino Overseas Cebu office is a first come first serve basis. It is located at the 2nd floor Causing Lozada Building, the same building of the DTI Department of Trade and Industry (old DFA CEBU ofc).

Seminars are conducted daily from 8:00am -12:00pm and 1:00pm – 5:00pm. For USA spouses/fiancees,  seminars are at 1:00 pm.

CFO Cebu location

CFO Cebu location

For filipino spouses/fiancees, morning and afternoon session are available. I also heard from the guard that Norwegian fiancees seminar is at 8am. He also said that they only accept 15 people. So the fiancées must go there early to get a slot. Everybody are entitled to do the seminar before leaving the country.

k-1 fiance CFO Pre-departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS)photo 4

Registration requirements for the fiance/fiancees:

1. Birth Certificate – (I was not able to bring mine but I had to present 3 IDs.

2. Passport – must be presented and 2 photocopies of it.

3. Visa sticker - if visa sticker has been issued in your passport ,
1 photocopy must be submitted.

4.  Other government issued IDS – are required.
I was asked to submit 2 other ids that I had, my philhealth and  previous student ID.


Upon submission of the documents, you are given a priority number.k-1 fiance CFO Pre-departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) Your number will be called and the lady will give you papers to fill. The papers are personal data of you and your fiance. After filling it up, you can submit them to the lady at the counter and wait for your number to be called..

k-1 fiance CFO Pre-departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS)

Prepare P 400- payment. The lady will call your priority number once more and will give the receipt.

k-1 fiance CFO Pre-departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS)


The seminar started with a video of OFWs and their experiences abroad.
Canadian and USA immigrants were called to transfer to Room 2 .

Room 2. We had an orientation that covered the following topics:

  • what we are going to do once we enter the US or Canada.
  • Where can people go just in case of emergencies.
  • The counselling officer opened a powerpoint about the value of marriage.
  • What to know about our fiances. How to make a relationship harmonious.

The seminar finished within about 5 hours. We waited outside and were called for
one on one interview.

Questions asked:
1. Why did I decide to marry my fiance?
2. What made me decide to marry him?
3. What is the reason of his divorce?
4. When did he get divorce?
5. Do you have the copy divorce papers?
6. What was the nationality of his ex-wife?
7.  Does your fiance have kids?
8. How many? How old are they ?
9. How many times did he visit you?
10. How long  did the visits take?
11. Are you aware that he is supporting his ex wife and kids?
12.  Whats the arrangement ? Will the kids be with him on saturdays?
13. Do you have photos with you? I need printed photos.

Once all the questions are asked, she asks:
Do you have any concern?
Do you have anything that you want to ask ?

The interview was fast and she wrote some details about my fiance’s divorce.
She asked me to bring a copy of my fiance’s passport,2 to 3 photos and a copy of his
divorce decree. She also told me to submit it either 9 am or 1pm before she starts conducting

A day after, I went to submit the lacking papers. The counseling officer re-confirmed the information about my fiancé and his divorce. She asked me once more if I had any questions and concerns. I handed my passport and waited for a few minutes. I got my CFO sticker, immigrant checklist  and the  booklet.  The lady gave me another folded paper. She  instructed me to fill it after my month of stay in the US and send it to the CFO address. The paper is a feedback sheet of your situation abroad and suggestions for CFO services and projects.

k-1 fiance CFO Pre-departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS)

CFO booklet, checklist and feedback form


IMPORTANT NOTE: Read the booklet thoroughly. It is a guidelines preparation after arrival in the US.  It also provides information of whom to contact for emergencies. Contact information of Philippines Consulate offices within the United States are listed in this article. http://efilipinowomen.com/philippines-consulate-and-its-offices-in-the-usa/

In case of any domestic violence by your fiancé /spouse , you may call 911 and seek help at USCIS and other agencies.


National Domestic Violence Hotline:

1-800-799-SAFE (1-800-799-7233)

1-800-787-3224 (TTY)



National Sexual Assault Hotline of the Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN)

1-800-656-HOPE (1-800-656-4673)



National Center for Missing and Exploited Children

1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5678)



The National Center for Victims of Crime

1-800-FYI-CALL (1-800-394-2255)





k-1 visa process SLEC Medical Examination

k-1 visa process SLEC Medical Examination, July 21, 2014

What should You do before entering the SLEC building?

  • Eat breakfast! lol. Food is not allowed inside the building.They check the bags and are quite strict about it.
  • Bring a mask. People keep coughing and you might catch diseases from SLEC.
  • Prepare the requirements needed that are mentioned below before you get to the counter
    k-1 fiance visa medical examination

    SLEC view from Kalaw Avenue intersection

Note: Admission of drug use leads to an additional payment of P1000.00 for psychiatric test which takes 4-5 working days of evaluation. Ensure that you are healthy before you do your medical examination as it can delay you from your interview and getting your visa. Applicants should do medical exam atleast 2 weeks before the interview because SLEC only send results once a week.


k-1 fiance visa medical examination

SLEC stamp

1. Go there at exactly 4 am to get a priority number early.Senior citizens
are prioritized.

2. Prepare two photocopies of passport.
3. Prepare 2 photocopies of NVC, the letter that the embassy sent for guidelines.
4. 2 copies of 2×2 photos with complete name at the back of the picture.
5. 2 photocopies of appointment letter.
6. 2 copies of slec registration online.

What is the sequence of the medical for K-1 fiancee?
Along the process, passport should be ready as it is presented at all times.

1. Submit your requirements at the ground floor. It opens at 6am.
2. Pay the medical fee of P 9,812.00 on the 5th floor. People affected by Typhoon Yolanda (which is Tacloban, Leyte Cebu and other part of Visayas) and earthquake victims in Bohol have a discount of 20%.
3. Proceed to 3rd floor and fill up the form for chest xray.
4. Proceed to 4th floor for taking the blood test.

k-1 fiance visa medical examination

SLEC 5th floor

5. Next is the physical examination. All applicants must take their clothes off. The doctor will ask questions about medical history, allergies, medicines taken and previous drug use. I know they say to be honest but here is the reality: If you had experimental use but not a drug addiction and do not have criminal record, its best not to admit because it delays your medical result and you must undergo a psychiatric test. Other question which an applicant must not deny is, have you given birth?

There was one case where a woman got denied her fiancee visa because of lying about having children. Another woman I met who denied giving birth got caught too and was confronted by the doctor to tell the truth as it can affect her visa.  She told the truth and got approved during interview.

How did the female doctor find out?

They do check parts of your body including vagina and can tell if it had given birth or not. They also check scars in your body and wrist to see if you had suicidal attempts in the past.

k-1 fiance visa medical examination
6. Proceed back to the 3rd floor and wait for x ray result.

7. If there are no problems regarding the medical, you can proceed for
vaccination the same day or next day.

Day 2 Medical Examination

Note: They need 4pcs 2×2 visa photos. 2 during registration and 2 in the releasing area.

1. Vaccination , you will be interviewed by the physician and nurses to confirm
if you have had cancer, diseases, and more history of previous illnesses. He/she will make you sign a piece of paper to confirm that you are not pregnant during the vaccination.

2. The physician will ask you of your last first day of menstruation
and will make you sign another piece of paper to confirm the vaccination and that you are not pregnant.

3. She will also remind you once more that you cannot get pregnant
for 4 months. It varies depending on how many shots you get. I got 3 shots. Others who had 1 or 2 shots are advised not to get pregnant for a month.

4. After the shots, you can proceed to the releasing area at the ground floor.

5. Wait for your name to be called. They will ask for 2 more 2×2 visa
photos and the passport.

6. Wait again and they will call you for releasing the copy of your
vaccination paper, X-ray cd and passport with the date, patient number and stamp of SLEC.

k-1 visa process SLEC Medical Examination

SLEC medical stamp

K-1 visa process Interview experience and CO questions Aug 2014

I went through the final stages of my K-1 Visa process, the consular officer interview.  Here is a detailed account of my experience at the US Embassy.

K-1 visa Interview Appointment: Aug 04, 2014

Appointment hour: 7:30am Security Check

1. Security Restrictions:  During the arrival outside the US embassy, I had to go through a security guard who checked the stuff I was bringing.  Security stopped people anyone attempting to accompany the applicants.

  • no guests (family, friends NOT allowed)
  • no electronic devices

2. Immigrant, Non-immigrant & DS-160:  The second process was to going through one of two lines:  Immigrant OR Non-Immigrant applicants.  K-1 fiance is a non-immigrant visa. Applicants are asked to get the DS-160 confirmation page, Passport and the appointment letter ready for review. The lady had a plastic, placed the passport inside and zipped it. They instructed me to go to the door where another security guard was standing.

  • Make sure you bring your DS-160, Passport, Appointment letter

3. Similar to Airport security: I was stopped by security when they noticed water that was in my shoulder bag.  I went outside and threw the water bottle in the trash can. I went for the security check again and the lady stopped me because she seen a USB inside my wallet while scanning my things. I went outside again and felt lost because I had tons of files from our fiance visa preparation. I asked the guard if he could keep the USB for me. He refused because he said they are not allowed to keep anything from the applicants. Another security came who was a higher rank felt pity for me and kept my USB until afternoon. He told me to find him since he would be there until afternoon. I was very thankful to the officer.

  • Triple check your things before leaving because you cannot bring mobile devices and any electronics.
  • It is also unsafe to leave it outside to strangers. I just got lucky.

4. First set of Questions/First Interview: I went through solid, heavy door (lol) and go through the queue.  The lady will asked if I have traveled abroad and how many times. Am I sure that I didnt go there for work? How long did I stay during my travel? Did I really go there for vacation? and not for work?

k-1 fiance process - interview experience

priority number and list of documents for submission

Yes, it was repeated couple of times. I was asked that way. The lady had put a sticker at the back of my passport, a priority number and instructed me go to to door 2. She also told me to keep my priority number safely because I will be using it throughout the process.

5. Reaching door 2 is a security check. You have to give your bag to the security guard and your documents to and pass another x-ray machine.

6. Waiting for the CO.  Find a seat and wait for your number to appear on the board.

7. My number appeared on the screen. I greeted the filipino CO – he informed me that my medical result did not arrive yet, so when the CO ask for it I will just say that the medical result is ‘to be follow”. He asked for my passport and 2 pcs of visa 2×2 photos.

8. Biometrics – was conducted by an American CO. The questions asked were my name and my birthday followed by the fingerprinting. He was a cool friendly guy that had ease my nervousness. :-)

9. Pre- screening interview – as I got to the window I greeted the lady filipino CO.

Questions that she asked:

  1. Who is your petitioner?
  2. What is your name?
  3. When did you meet?
  4. How did you meet?
  5. How long have you been together?
  6. Do you have copies of your fiance’s divorce decree?
  7. Do you have copies of your conversation? Present it to the CO later.
  8. Do you have your photos? Show it in the window.
  • She instructed me which to give (birth certificate, Cenomar, NBI Clearance (for travel abroad) and Income Tax Return (Form 1040) .
  • She did not ask for the form I-134 Affidavit of Support and pay stubs (W-2).
  • She reviewed the Income Tax Returns and confirmed about my fiance’s business.
  • She  asked me if I brought our pictures and conversations. Since my fiance was divorced, she also asked if I had the copy of his divorce decree. She asked me about my previous travel abroad and confirmed if I really didn’t go there for work.
  • k-1 fiance process interview and CO questions

    clearbook, photo scrapbook and food menu (not necessary)

10. Interview with the lady American CO – I was praying so hard that my CO will be very nice to me and in a good mood hahah. She greeted me ‘good morning’ and I responded with excitement. I was extremely nervous. :-) . She said” Okay, read the Oath on the right side either in english or tagalog. I chhose the tagalog. As soon as I finished reading the Oath, the interview started and was very fast. It took maybe 3 minutes or less. She said my interview went well. However, they cannot make their decision until they recieve the medical result. She instructed me to wait for the releasing window for what to do next.

11. After lunch, I waited for my number to be called.  The guy told me that since my medical result did not arrive, they cannot decide yet. He told me to wait for them to process and they will send my visa when they finish either its approved or denied.

Make sure you practice for your Interview  How you answer is as important as proper documentation.  So you need to practice so you are not too nervous.  2 weeks before the interview, I started practicing for the possible questions as a preparation. I also practiced a few times with this youtube audio for possible fiance questions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec0ukFoJvFM

k-1 visa process Interview QUESTIONS:

  • Whats your name?
  • Who is your petitioner?
  • What is your relation to the petitioner?
  • What can you say about your fiance?
  • How many times did he get divorced?
  • Does he have children? How many and how old are they ? What are  their names?
  • Does your fiance have a house?
  • Does he live there?
  • Where do the kids live? with him or their mom?
  • What does he do for a living?
  • How often do you communicate? and whats the form of communication
  • Do you have your conversations, can I see?
  • How many times have you traveled abroad? State the date and place of travel.
  • Did you go there for work or vacation? who was with you?
  • You are sure that you didn’t go there for work right?
  • Do you have your photos with you? Let me see it. ( put the dates and the locations of where the photos were taken)

You may track the status of your visa at https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ You may also send an inquiry about your case at. https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/SiteLogin?country=Philippines . It is the same website where you get a schedule for interview. They are responsive to applicant’s concern. You will receive an email from them in the same day.

k-1 fiance visa interview experience

cgifederal website for sending an inquiry

You can track your passport at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-passportretrieve.asp#trackingoptions or track your package via 2GO after the status is ‘ISSUED’ (got this info from Hank, visajourney) http://supplychain.2go.com.ph/CustomerSupport/etrace/index.asp Goodluck to everyone :-)

k-1 visa process Interview Appointment Schedule Tip

Scheduling a K-1 Visa Interview is a pain in the ass!

It feels like Winning the lottery when you finally get one. As soon as you see a schedule Do not hesitate to click it and grab it the same minute you see it! It is a competition that you must win as there are thousands of people waiting for that same Interview slot. It can get frustrating. Calling the agency is a waste of time if the schedules are not given yet.  They don’t usually give hints on when the scheduled visa interviews with available dates and times will be. You must TAKE YOUR TIME, THINK POSITIVE and KNOW that Interview date that you want to pop up in your screen!

There is a trick that you can use.  There is a little Firefox browser Plugin that you can use called Check 4 Change.  This plugin can be configured to monitor any changes to the Visa Schedule page.  Here is how to do it.

1 ,2 ,3 start!

Step 1. Register through the website.  If its your first time applying for a visa. Ensure to put your address where you wish the visa to be sent.


Step 2: Pay for your visa fee at Bancnet or BPI and add it in the final draft to successfully get an appointment when there is available.

Step 3. Download Check 4 Change in your mozilla firefox browser.


Step 4: Sit in your computer and highlight the words. Right click and set it up every 5 or 30 minutes. I suggest 5 minutes but it might lock you out of the site for exceeding the limit of viewing.

k-1 visa process interview schedule

Step 5: Base on experience and research, the appointment schedules normally appears on Thursdays and Friday. Hours are 1:30 pm , 8:30-9 pm and 10:35am-11am. This might change but this is what I observe. The interview schedule appears below the log out button. As soon as you see a date, request the appointment within seconds . Do it within a minute and send the copy to your email so that you can print it out.

k-1 visa process interview appointment

Good luck! :-)  :-)  :-)




Philippines consulate and its offices in the USA

Philippines consulate and its offices in the USA

The philippines consulates are located all over the world.  They are there for the health and welfare of filipino citizens living abroad.  Philippines consular services include:

  1. Issuance or renewal of passports, travel documents and visas
  2. Conduct of consular outreach programs
  3. Legalization of certain documents – Consularization (authentication/acknowledgment) of documents, such as SPAs, Deeds, school and medical records, Trademarks, oaths and appointments, etc.


  4. Civil registration of births, marriages and deaths of Filipino nationals
  5. Solemnization of Marriage
  6. Processing of applications for dual citizenship
  7. Citizenship Retention and Re-Acquisition Act of 2003 (R.A. 9225)
  8. Professional Registration at the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC)
  9. Assistance with the following:
    1. Transport of pets to the Philippines;
    2. Applying for NBI clearances;
    3. Renewal of Philippine driver’s license;
    4. Medical Missions to the Philippines
    5. Securing of J-1 waivers

Philippine Consulate Offices in the USA:

1. Philippine Consulate General

447 Sutter Street, 6th floor Philippine Center Building

San Francisco, California 94108, U.S.A

Tel. Nos. : (1415) 433-6666 to 68; 433-6675; 433-6680

Fax No.: (1415) 421-2641

Email: sanfranciscopcg2004@yahoo.com

Website: http://www.philippineconsulate-sf.org


Philippine Consulate General

3600 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 500

Los Angeles, California 90010, USA

Tel. Nos.: (1213) 639-0980 to 85; (1213) 639-0989

Fax No.: (1213) 639-0990

Email: losangelespcg@earthlink.net

Website: http://www.philippineconsulatela.org

Website: http://www.pcgenla.org


Philippine Consulate General

30 North Michigan Avenue, Suite 2100

Chicago, Illinois, 60602 USA
Tel. No.: (1312) 332-6458/ Mobile No. 312-5016458

Fax No.: (1312) 332-3657

Email: chicagopcg@sbcglobal.net

Website: http://www.chicagopcg.com


Philippine Consulate General

556 Fifth Avenue, New York, New York

10036-5095, USA

Tel. Nos.: (1212) 764-1330;  575-4774; 382-1146

Fax No.: (1212) 764-6010

Email: newyork@pcgny.net

Website: http://www.pcgny.net


Philippine Consulate General

2433 Pali Highway, Honolulu, Hawaii 96817

Tel. Nos.: (1808) 595-6316 to 19

Fax no.: (1808) 595-2581

Email: honolulupc@hawaii.rr.com

Website: http://www.philippineconsulatehonolulu.com


Philippine Consulate General

Suite 601-2, ITC Building, Marine Drive, Tamuning, Guam 96913

(or PO Box 9880, Tamuning, Guam 96931)

Tel. Nos.: (671) 646-4620; 646-4630

Fax No.: (671) 649-1868

Email: pcgagana@ite.net


Website: http://www.pcgagana.com


Philippine Consulate General

5th Floor, Marianas Business Plaza

P.O Box 500731 CK Saipan MP 96950

Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands

Tel. Nos.: (670) 234-1848; 235-8360; 234-1850/51

Fax No.: (670) 234-1849

Email: saipanpcg@pticom.com




TOP 15 Hottest Filipino tv series

TOP 15 Hottest Filipino tv series

Filipino TV programs are constantly evolving and competing to stay on top of the viewers choice ranking. Filipino producers have their fingers on the pulse of what is exciting, what is funny and what is entertaining to filipino views.  As of 2014, the three leading networks are ABS, CBN, GMA and TV 5.  These channels have the hottest filipino TV series in the Philippines:

1. My Love from the Star (GMA-7) – is actually a South Korean fantasy romance tv series aired in the Kapuso (GMA) network.  Wonder why? Filipinos are a huge fan of South Korean movies, tv series and their music.

2.  Mirabella (ABS-CBN) – is a story about love melodramatic fantasy tv series starring by Julia Barretto, Enrique Gil, Sam Concepcion and Mika dela Cruz. The show is aired in Kapamilya ABS CBN network.

filipino tv series

3, Niño (GMA-7) is a TV series of a boy who encourages people in remaining strong and hopeful in facing life’s obstacles.

4. Dyesebel (ABS-CBN) – is a tv series based on a story of a mermaid transforming into a human. It was illustrated in comic book on 1952-53 of a famous comic writer Mars Ravelo.

filipino tv series 3

5.Kambal Sirena (GMA-7) – is currently on air competing with the other Filipino channel ABS CBN’s Dyesebel with pretty similar concept about mermaids.

6. Ikaw Lamang (ABS-CBN) drama series cast are Kim Chiu, Coco Martin, Julia Montes and Jake Cuenca. These four artists of the young generation are all adored for their great acting.filipino tv series

7. Ang Dalawang Mrs. Real (GMA-7) is a soap opera tv series with a starring role of the Diamond Star Ms Maricel Soriano together wth Dingdong Dantes and Lovi Poe.

filipino tv series

8. Sana Bukas Pa Ang Kahapon (ABS-CBN) main character is Ms Bea Alonzo that will be playing 2 different roles. It is a primetime drama series about two women wanting to get justice.

filipino tv series 3


9. Beki Boxerfilipino tv series 2 is a comedy drama Filipino tv series aired in TV 5. The story is about a gay guy who wanted more for himself, dreamt of becoming a boxer and hoping for the acceptance from his family.





10. Confessions of a Torpe is another drama mix comedy tv series in TV 5 starring Ogie Alcasid, Gelli de Belen and Alice Dixson.

11. Be careful with my Heart is a morning tv series of a businessman who fell in love with the nanny of her kids.

filipino tv series


12. The hiers is another Korean drama series air in Philippines television.

13. Slamdunk  is a Japanese manga aired in GMA. It has been repeatedly aired in national television but has remained popular each time. Filipinos love the basketball and that is what this animated series is about.

14. Moon of Desirefilipino tv series is a seductive Filipino daytime drama series of ABS CBN lead by stars Ellen Adarna, JC de Vera, Meg Imperial, Dominic Roque and Miko RavaL.


15. Fairytail is another Japanese manga series translated into Filipino language.

 reference: http://www.pep.ph/guide/tv-ratings

k-1 visa process BPI payment instruction

k-1 visa process BPI payment instruction

Before going to the bank, K (fiancée and K3) visa applicants must print the applicable U.S. visa application deposit slip.  The visa application deposit slip can be downloaded from the online appointment site: website:http://ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-paymentinfo.asp.

Once you get the visa application deposit fee, take it to the bank to pay the fee.  There is an expiration date on the deposit slip and bank agents will not accept payments if it is expired. Upon payment, the bank will issue a receipt.  This receipt cannot be replaced (they won’t give you another one) so keep it in a safe place.  Applicants will not be able to schedule an appointment without the receipt number.

NOA2 - K1 deposit slip

sample of a K1 deposit slip

Here is a list of things you must do before going to BPI. This instruction will lessen the hassle of repeatedly getting a priority number in long queue as BPI branches are always busy. I recommend paying offline as it guarantees the transaction with your name on your copy of receipt.

1. Prepare 2 copies of your US visa application deposit slip .

2. Prepare 1 passport photocopy.

3. At the back of your deposit slip, write the following:


Passport # :

Visa Type:

Contact #:


nbi application online philippines and nbi locations

Nbi application online philippines and nbi locations

The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) is necessary for filipinos getting a new job or leaving the country. To have a faster transaction in requesting for the NBI clearance, an application online is necessary. Don’t forget to print the application form, save the application number and bring it with you. Also, ensure of checking the nbi location before going as there are always changes in government operation.

 There are many NBI locations to choose from:

And to cut the long story short, I will now share to you the list of NBI Clearance Outlets in the Philippines: (from: http://www.nbiclearance.com/)

nbi j centre mall

nbi j centre mall

NBI Clearance Outlet NBI Location Address
NBI Clearance Center U. N. Avenue, Ermita, Manila
Quezon City Hall Makatarungan St. Diliman QC
Muntinlupa City Victory Shopping Center, Alabang
Mandaluyong City Hall Maysilo Circle, Mandaluyong City
SM SouthMall Alabang Zapote Rd, Las Pinas
Robinson’s Place Basement I Ermita, Manila
Robinson’s Otis Level 2 Guanzon St Paco, Mla
Robinson’s Galleria Basement I Ortigas Ave QC
Robinson’s Metro East Level 4 Marcos Hi-way Pasig
Robinson’s Cainta Level 2 Junction Cainta, Rizal
Robinson’s Novaliches Novaliches QC
Ever Gotesco Recto 3rd Flr Cinema 3 Recto Ave, Manila
Ever Commonwealth 2nd Flr Cinema I Commonwealth Ave., QC
Duty Free Fiesta Mall Ninoy Aquino Ave., Paranaque City
Outside Metro Manila (Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao)
NBI Clearance Outlet NBI Location Address
Marilao Municipal Hall Beside PNP Stn Marilao, Bulacan
Lipa City Hall Lipa City, Batangas
Rodriguez Municipal Hall Rodriguez, Rizal
Calamba Municipal Hall Calamba, Laguna
Robinson’s Tarlac Hacienda Luisita
Robinson’s Dasmarinas Dasmarinas, Cavite
Robinson’s Imus Imus, Cavite
Robinson’s Sta Rosa Sta Rosa, Laguna
CyberGate Cebu City
Tuburan Satellite Office Tuburan, Cebu
Tagbilaran Bohol Tagbilaran, Bohol
Bien Unido Bohol
NBI Regional and District Offices
Cordillera Administrative Region Baguio City
NBI Regional and District Offices – Region I
Ilocos Regional Office San Fernando, La Union
Dagupan District Office Dagupan City
Laoag District Office Laoag City, Ilocos Norte
Vigan District Office Vigan, Ilocos Sur
NBI Regional and District Offices – Region II
Cagayan Valley Regional Officeice Tuguegarao, Cagayan
Bayombong District Office Bayombong, Nueva Vizcaya
Isabela District Office Ilagan, Isabela
NBI Regional and District Offices – Region III
Central Luzon Regional Officeice San Fernando, Pampanga
Bulacan District Office Malolos City, Bulacan
Cabanatuan District Office Cabanatuan City, N Ecija
Olongapo District Office Olongapo City, Zambales
Tarlac District Office Tarlac City, Tarlac
NBI Regional and District Offices – Region IV-A
CaLaBaRZon Batangas City, Batangas
Cavite District Office Tagaytay City, Cavite
Lucena District Office Lucena City, Quezon
Laguna District Office Sta Rosa, Laguna
NBI Regional and District Offices – Region IV-B
MiMaRoPa Calapan, Oriental Mindoro
Puerto Princesa District Office Puerto Princesa, Palawan
NBI Regional and District Offices – Region V
Bicol Regional Office Naga City, Camarines Sur
Legaspi District Office Legaspi City, Albay
NBI Regional and District Offices – Region VI
Western Visayas Regional Office Iloilo City, Iloilo
Bacolod District Office Bacolod City, Negros Occidental
NBI Regional and District Offices – Region VII
Central Visayas Regional Office Cebu City, Cebu
Dumaguete District Office Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental
NBI Regional and District Offices – Region VIII
Eastern Visayas Regional Office Tacloban City, Leyte
Samar District Office Catbalogan City, Samar
NBI Regional and District Offices – Region IX
Western Mindanao Regional Office Zamboanga City
Dipolog District Office Dipolog City
Pagadian District Office Pagadian City
NBI Regional and District Offices – Region X
Northeastern Mindanao Cagayan de Oro City
Iligan District Office Iligan City
NBI Regional and District Offices – Region XI
Southeastern Mindanao Regional Office Davao City
Tagum District Office Tagum City
NBI Regional and District Offices – Region XII
Central Mindanao Regional Office Koronadal City
Saranggani District Office General Santos City
NBI Regional and District Offices – Region XIII
CARAGA Butuan City
NBI Regional and District Offices – Region XIV
ARMM Cotabato City



philippines tsunami

philippines tsunami ring of fire courtesy of http://earthquake.usgs.gov/ philippines tsunami ring of fire
courtesy of http://earthquake.usgs.gov//caption

The Philippine archipelago teeters on the edge of the “Ring of Fire”.  The Ring of Fire is an area the frames almost the entire Pacific ocean the edge of which has a LOT of earthquakes and volcanic activity.  Even so you are more likely to see calamity from Typhoons than from tsunamis (they are two different things).

The major seismic activity that occur miles off the shore is what causes huge ocean water displacement.  The displaced sea moves to the shore in a HUGE wave that can cause total destruction.  Tsunami is a borrowed Japanese word – 津浪 (hiragana つなみ) which literally means Harbor Wave – “Tsu” – Harbor “nami” – Wave.

The sporadic occurrences of Philippine Tsunamis is documented going back to 1627 (see NOAA Tsunami database).  Although they do happen they don’t usually take a lot of lives.  The notable exception would be 1976 where a Tsunami hit Mindanao and killed over 4,000 people and destroyed thousands of homes.  There is also 1965 where 355 people were killed by a tsunami in Luzon Island and more recently 81 people died in the 1994.

World Tsunami locations http://www.whoi.edu/ World Tsunami locations
from http://www.whoi.edu//caption

Typhoon vs. Tsunami

philippines typhoonThe devastation of super storms like Haiyan are sometimes confused with tsunamis or the word “tsunami” is used as an adverb to describe the sheer magnitude of destruction and death of a typhoon.  However, there is a difference between the technical definition of a Typhoon and a tsunami.  Typhoon is storm sweeping in from the ocean on the land and a tsunami can come on clear calm day because its generated by a huge displacement of ocean that gets pushed on to the land (usually from an earthquake).  Also, the death toll of a tsunami can be exponentially higher than a storm.  Super Typhoon Haiyna, one of the largest storm in recorded history, killed 5,260.  The Tohoku Japan Tsunami of 2011 killed 15,887 and the the Indian ocean Tsunami killed over 250,000 in several countries.



http://earthquake.usgs.gov/ –Ring of Fire

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/tsunami – origin of the word Tsunami

NOAA Tsunami database http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov


Old paper about the philippines tsunami of 1976

dating a filipina

written by a US guy who has dated filipinas (edit Yuri S.)

I have had mix results while dating filipinas.  I cannot say that dating a filipina was any worse or better than dating an American woman.  There are somethings that were better and somethings that were worse.

The positive side of dating a filipina is that they are very loving and go way overboard with trying express love to you… if she is really into you.  In the US this is sometimes called “clingy” and MANY guys do not like it at all.  In fact, it even has a famous meme called “overly attached girlfriend”

Overly Attached Girlfriend dating a filipina

Overly Attached Girlfriend dating a filipina

For me, dating a very attached filipina is a plus, because if she is really into you, YOU become her world and she is constantly looking for ways to express her feelings.  When you let her know you understand and feel the same way, then the relationship blooms to something truly amazing.  Of course, if you don’t want things to “bloom” then Overly Attached filipina girlfriend just seems crazy.  Filipinas are very, very loving.  Their dedication to their man and their family is what makes them the best.

Watch out for date scammers

The downside is that some filipino women are not real with foreigners).  I mean, there are a lot of con-artists.  The problem is that there are Very clever women that scam online, create a romance scam, or just say and do anything to get your financial support.  I am talking about cases in which the love is just not real or maybe there is SOME love but its overshadowed by lies.  Often, the filipina already has a guy (or two).  She was hurt in the past and has a hard time being really in love and vulnerable again so she keeps another guy as a back up plan.  In some cases she is just a cold hearted liar created by the impoverished circumstances of her upbringing or past exes that mistreated her.  Whatever her story is for being that way, you cannot hope to change her without getting hurt over and over by her.  And you have the misfortune of falling for her trap.  In these cases, its not really “dating a filipina” its falling into a scammers trap.  Its happened to me more than once with filipinas but I know its not restricted to just the Philippines.  Don’t be discouraged they are not all like this.

The legitimate filipinas I dated were very, very dedicated, very sweet and very giving.  Looking back on my experiences, I wonder how could I have determined which girls were real, and which ones were fake.  After all sometimes the scammers are very smooth.. they don’t ask for money until they establish a relationship or they never ask but fake a condition where you will feel obligated to ask them if they need help.

Why you SHOULD try dating a filipina

Looking back, I would say that it is actually pretty obvious overtime.  You will know her true intent by her actions.  If she is secretive, not showing video or very many pictures, or cannot give you time or has an extremely sorted past with evil actions, or keeps lying about small things, then you should be suspicious.  If you look at her intentions, you start to see what she is really all about.  The number one rule, is don’t give trust to easily.  If you are dating a filipina consider her situation and be realistic.  Meet her IN PERSON before you make any serious commitment and even then, take your time.

With time you will see that a REAL filipina will always put you first.  She will sometimes seem more concerned for you than for herself.  She will go out of her way to make you happy if she really loves you.

1 2 3 8