What are the preparations made before the pageant?
1. Production rehearsals – “Practice makes perfect” so rehearsal is taken seriously from songs to the dance steps. The girls have repeated their performances and practiced a month before the event. The organizers ensure that everyone has memorize the dance routine and properly project themselves as real beauty queens.
2. Introduction number –
“First impressions are lasting impressions.” The intro must be very well presented by the contestant by introducing their place of origin. Their entry are always going to leave a lasting impression on the rest of the performance. introduction number of Miss Universe Philippines 2013
3. Casual Wear – “Looking good is the best revenge.” — Ivana Trump. One of the categories in the Miss Teen competition is “casual wear” which means business attire (pants suites and business skirts). In the Miss Teen pageant, it went way beyond “casual clothes”. It is very elegant, fancy, casual wear that projects an image of both beauty and brains.
4. Talent – “Your talent is God given, what you do with it is your gift back to God” — Leo Buscaglia. The talents presented are now more diverse. They range from different song genre, belly dancing, Hawaiian dance and hiphop. An exotic fire dancing which you used to see in a circus only are now performed by a future beauty queen. Beatbox Talent of Miss World Philippines 2012 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za_kP1yD3Jo
5. Gown – Stunning evening gown is one big part of winning the crown. Since there are many contestants, having a glamorous and very eye catching gown gives you a chance to be one step ahead of the others. It is also important to show off your femininity and be the very definition of a ‘woman’. “Your dresses should be tight enough to show you’re a woman and loose enough to show you’re a lady.” — Edith Head.
6. Fun wear -“I stay true to myself and my style, and I am always pushing myself to be aware of that and be original.” — Aaliyah.
7. A Beauty Queen hair and make up -The overall beauty of the contestants includes a good hairdo and perfect make up. It is one of the most important aspects of getting the crown and it is a criteria for the judges. Beauty pageant contestants always have a back up make up artist and PA’s (personal assistants) to have their make up retouch and to help them dressing up.
8. Swimwear – Next to the gown, and performance of the contestant, swimwear is the most anticipated part of any beauty pageant. This category is merciless accepting nothing less than perfection.