Best filipino food- Tortang Talong
Tortang Talong is a great dish for omnivores and vegetarians! It is kind of like a Filipino style omelette. It is created with char grilled eggplant that is dipped or smothered in beaten egg and then fried until it is golden brown. The texture and flavor of the tortang talong is actually like meat. The dish packs in the flavor and gives a crisp, mouth watering bite when fresh off the grill.
2 pcs scrambled egg
1/8 C cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp seasoning
3/8 C tomatoes, minced
3/8 C onions, chopped
1/4 C mushroom pcs &stems, (optional)
2 pcs medium eggplant, char grilled, flattened
2 tbsp flour
1/2 C oil
- Add cornstarch, salt, pepper and seasoning in scrambled egg.
- Add tomatoes, spring onions and mushroom in your scrambled egg.
- In a plate, flatten the eggplant using a spoon forming it into an oval shape.
- Pour just enough scrambled egg mixture to cover the surface of the flattened eggplant. Sprinkle 1 tbsp flour.
- Use a wide flat spatula to scoop the eggplant. Fry in the heated pan.
- Cover the pan. When it turns golden brown, flip and cook the other side.
- When it is cook, place a tissue in a plate to drain the remaining oil in the eggplant.