When I was still a “non immigrant” between k1 visa and getting a green card, I was able to go on a closed loop cruise to Ensenada Mexico with my family.

We wrote about it on 3 day carnival inspiration cruise ensenada mexico and here:

During our 3 day cruise from Long Beach, California to Mexico, I was worried that they would not let me on the ship since I am not a US Citizen.  I am a citizen of the Philippines and my status in the US is that of a “non-immigrant” in the process of getting a permanent residency card.  Right now I have been issued an I 512 parole card.  Months ago, I applied for my permanent resident card but I have not received it yet. The USCIS in Colorado takes almost a year before the applicants can get their permanent resident card.

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather
Tags : carnival cruiseclosed loopcruiseensenadamexico
Yuri Sincero

The author Yuri Sincero

Hello my valued readers!! :-) This is Yuri. Here is my thought! Thanks a lot for inspiring me to keep writing. My articles here in Efilipinowomen are about the culture, K-1 visa, current events, dating, marriages and traditions of the Philippines. You can add your comments, suggestions and feedback . I'm open for improvement :-) . You can also email me or send me a message in facebook. See you!!!.... Google and Facebook.


    1. You can get an EAD once you file an adjustment of status, i485. Here are more details: this app will walk you through the process if you are k1 visa holder and going to go for a green card. http://efilipinowomen.com/category/download-the-app/2-year-green-card-app/

      This process includes that i512.