Retiring in the Philippines : How to secure your house
A subscriber of ours has asked me to do a video on how to secure your house if you decide to retire in the Philippines.
- Door knob & double lock. You need an ordinary and a more secure lock.
- Secured fence. This is the most important thing that you need to do for your house. Securing your house with a high fence.
- Barb wires on top of the fence.
- Broken bottles, glasses on top of a concrete fence, so that no one can easily climb up your wall.
- Window grills. Secure your windows and your door. Build a window and door grill.
- Always close your door. They wanna know what you have. What they can take. Who are the interesting ladies that they can possibly sneak to watch them undress.
- If you open your windows keep your curtains down because people very nosy. They wanna know your business.
- Always park your car and motorbike inside your garage. Because when they don’t like you they will steal or do something with your stuff.
- Keep a licensed gun in your house.
- Sliding door and sliding windows are not very ideal. French windows is much more ideal. Grills get rusty when the paint start to wear off. My former boss house had a sliding window with grills. They thieves removed the window grills and stole the laptop.