Philippine marriage tradition
Philippine culture and tradition regarding courtship, marriage and marriage proposal is conservative. Its quite influenced by religion. For example, traditionally, filipino marriage proposal will involve the parents.
If you are foreign to filipino marriage traditions, there are some things you should know before you propose to your filipina. In the Philipines, family and marriage are very important. If your filipina is traditional and conservative then you should pay heed to the following items:
1. The woman has to introduce her man to her family to get an approval for the relationship. This applies for filipino guys and foreigners.
2. The man goes to the parents to let them know that he is marrying their daughter. The man has to ask permission from her parents. An approval and consent is believed to be a blessing and brings luck as good start of being a couple.
3. The man’s side has to prepare the wedding and finances. The bride and the groom facilitates for the invitation cards,clothing and reception or hire a wedding organizer to arrange it..
4. Both the couples and the parents visit each other. Mostly the daughters and in laws are the ones that visit the parents as they get older and let their grandkids spend vacation there too.
5. Daughters should take care of their parents if they need them with involvement of money when it is needed.
6. They remain attached to their parents even when they already have their own family.
Honestly, these days many filipinos have moved away from traditional ways. But some are keeping the traditions and customs.
My name is Yuri Sincero I am a part-time writer and full-time marketing student at Cebu Institute of Technology. My passion is cooking & singing, but have been getting into blogs and Search Engine Optimization. I am in Cebu city, but will be moving to the US soon. Follow me on Google+ and Facebook.